Job Reference: 1453
Location: Wigan, Lancashire
With a presence in 9 countries and over 10,000 employees, our client manufactures sustainable recycled paper, corrugated cardboard and flexible packaging as well as providing solutions for waste management and the recovery of waste. Our Flex division produces a range of flexible plastic films, with our site in Wigan manufacturing products for major food retailers and suppliers.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an individual to join our Warehouse Team as a Warehouse Manager. You will be responsible for leading and managing the Warehouse Team, overseeing all of the warehousing and distribution operations. You will ensure the receipt, servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products, ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes run safely, efficiently and on time. In addition, your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the Warehouse team, ensuring compliance with Company, site and regulatory standards and that all processes and systems are operated in line with site health and safety, environmental and quality standards including BRC, ISO14001 & A2 Permit.
• Role model a health and safety culture across the team, aiming for a zero accidents warehouse operation.
• Set clear day to day direction for the team, ensuring all team members understand the daily work schedule and operational targets.
• Oversee all the key stages within the Supply Chain operation including goods in, goods out, stock management & control, stock integrity, housekeeping and general maintenance. Ensure stock damage is kept to a minimum via the ongoing development of appropriate work practices and control mechanisms.
• Ensure the warehouse layout is optimised to achieve efficient utilisation of space.
• Maintain warehouse equipment including fork lift trucks and other handling equipment, ensuring the upkeep of a regular maintenance schedule.
• Maintain a high standard of hygiene across the warehouse, ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy, with equipment and goods stored safely.
• Educate all team members on operational policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures.
• Maintain record keeping in line with all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
• Utilise the warehouse management system to manage stock control and reconcile with the data storage system.
• Liaise with suppliers and transport companies to ensure the effective receipt and delivery of goods.
• Plan work rotas, assigning work appropriately to ensure sufficient resource is available to meet demand.
• Recruit, select and develop the Warehousing Team, ensuring shift briefings, 1:1’s, performance reviews and development plans are maintained. Ensure individuals are appropriately trained and qualified to carry out their duties.
• Produce reports and statistics regularly (e.g. IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.), taking account of kpi’s and other performance indicators.
• When production levels demand, actively assist with warehousing operations, e.g. goods in and out, storage of goods & vehicle loading.
• Monitor the quality of services provided and, in collaboration with colleagues, actively seek and implement continuous improvements to ways of working.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
• Computer literate with experience of warehouse management software and databases. Competent user of MS Office packages, in particular Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Good level of numeracy & literacy – GCSE level or equivalent in English and Maths useful but not essential.
• Counterbalance and Bendi Forklift Trucks licences required, but full training will be given if required.
• Proven experience managing warehouse operations, preferably in manufacturing or FMCG.
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
• Experience of working with and interpreting kpi’s and other areas of operational performance.
• Experience of implementing process improvement initiatives.
• Considerable exposure to quality, health, safety and environmental standards and practices within a warehouse environment.
Hours / Shift Pattern
The Warehouse Manager operates Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, however a willingness to show flexibility around workload is expected dependant on production requirements.
To apply, please use the Application Form or contact Innov8 Synergy Talent Management with a current CV via email: firstname.lastname@example.org