Job Reference: 1454
Salary: £27,500 – £30,000
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Working for a company that specialises in pallet racking and shelving you will be responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all warehouse activity including receiving, picking, packing, housekeeping etc.
- Direct line management of staff, including HR policies, recruitment, appraisals and ensuring staff efficiencies.
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Ensuring Health and Safety adherence at all times.
- Scheduling maintenance of delivery vans to minimise downtime.
- Maximising space in a fast-moving warehouse environment and ensuring efficient space utilisation.
- Ensuring the warehouse team works efficiently, following all agreed processes to a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Assuring the accuracy of data entry across key systems.
- Ensuring effective stock control and care of goods within the warehouse.
- Managing staff costs, by optimising staff productivity and levels, including seasonal variations.
- Supporting the personal development of team members to help achieve Company goals.
- Supporting the Systems and Stock Control team to implement new systems and procedures as required.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Responding to any new demands within the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in warehouse management and logistics.
- Expertise in warehouse procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience in personnel management.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply, please use the Application Form or contact Innov8 Synergy Talent Management with a current CV via email: firstname.lastname@example.org