Electrical Design Engineer
Salary up to £65,000 plus benefits
Location Central London
Our client has a proud record of performance to delivering efficient and reliable MEP Installation services.
Their diligent approach is based on a philosophy of consistency, quality and their people are critical to building trust and customer satisfaction.
Investing in individuals is crucial to their business. They operate with a hard-working, skilled team consisting of over 500 employees who all contribute to the continued success and growth of the business.
To manage external Design consultants and CDP Specialists through construction stage design delivery on high rise, high end residential projects in Central London. Reporting to the Design Manager, the Engineer will be of importance when checking and validating designs of our appointed specialists.
- Work with appointed design consultancy to successfully deliver Electrical design deliverables to Client team, within agreed programme and budget
- Work with Cilantro Design and Commercial teams to determine design requirements, deliverables and communicate where blockers, delays and insufficient information is evident
- Work alongside in house and externally appointed BIM Engineers to incorporate required level of design and co-ordination suitable to install and achieve Client acceptance
- Provide engineering checks including production of checking calculations, details, drawings and schematics, to determine accuracy of design consultant work
- Work in Autocad, Navis and BIM – investigate and enquire consultancy design, occasionally making first-hand design amendments if required
- Provide regular Design Progress Reports to Business Design Manager
- Outset of new projects – agree deliverables list and programme with the Design consultant, Cilantro Preconstruction team and Planner
- Track, manage and record further consultancy design deliverables as direct issue to Client
- Work alongside Procurement and Commercial teams to produce tech subs, issuing to Design consultancy for approval
- Attend regular Design team and procurement meetings to update on progress and determine tech sub requirements
- Assist project delivery team with on site design issues – managing the process and lead liaisons
- Receive and review first issue of Design consultancy deliverables (drawings, calculations and tech subs) and return to Design consultancy as necessary, for revision
- Determine and review VE opportunities, identifying risk and benefits associated with programme and value
Skills and experience required
- BEng in Engineering
- High rise housing and Stage 5 Design is essential (RIBA Stage 5 is a particular focus)
- Contractor and/or consultancy experience is preferable – if only consultancy experience, must have a good portfolio of work for main Contractors or MEP Contractors
- Experience in high rise residential is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Work effectively in a team
- Highly organised, high attention to detail and strong ability to meet to deadlines
- Reliable, trustworthy and friendly
- “Can-do” approach to work and advanced problem-solving skills
- Proficient IT skills such as Word, Excel and MS Office
To apply, please use the Application Form or contact Innov8 Synergy Talent Management with a current CV via email: email@example.com