Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support, and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector. Our client’s expertise, accreditations and knowledge make them a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Telecoms Project Manager, Plymouth – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager with previous experience of civils and cabling activities on telecom infrastructure maintenance contracts. If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of the business that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other communication providers, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
You’ll have opportunities to transfer into other sectors, and even different technology areas.
Reporting to the Project Manager 2, the purpose of the role is to project manage all production and associated functions of the Network Build on and off site, including pro-actively liaising with both the Field Operations delivery team and direct with the suppliers making sure all activity is delivered on time, within budget, to high quality standards, and making sure that everything that is being deployed is within a safe environment to HSEQ standards.
- To keep Project Sponsors and other stakeholders up to date with progress.
- To monitor spend against budget.
- To comply with the relevant Health and Safety Policy provisions.
- To perform other duties as required.
- To ensure all agreed client and internal KPI’s are met or exceeded.
- Determine the resource requirements for the completion of all works throughout the project term.
- Manage productivity and assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the work.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Adept in the logistical skills required to produce effective and efficient work programs (Customer, materials, geography).
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must be adept in use of software systems.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- Must have basic numeracy and literacy skills, to GCSE standard.
- Prince2 or show equivalent understanding (preferred).
- City and Guild NRSWA Coordination of Streetworks or equivalent (preferred).
Excellent employee benefits:
Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with a Reward scheme