Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support, and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector. Our client’s expertise, accreditations and knowledge make them a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking experienced Cable Engineers to join our clients expanding team. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of the business that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide, to other external network providers. They aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
Excellent employee benefits: – we are committed to ensuring we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary, and benefits packages
Reporting to the Supervisor you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.
- Complete intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Produce A55 (Built) diagrams
- Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT’s (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- Splice and test external fibre cable.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2
- SA001, SA002, S8
- Driving licence
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved, and empowered from day one.
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with reward scheme