Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support, and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector. Our client’s expertise, accreditations and knowledge make them a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Poling Operative Team Leader, Dorset – Permanent
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking experienced Poling Team Leaders. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
You’ll be working in a part of the business that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You’ll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Reporting to and tasked by the area Supervisor, working in crews made up of 2 people, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the Overhead Network, including the installation/replacement of poles, cables and associated equipment.
- Erection and recovery of telegraph poles.
- Safe excavation.
- Renewal, replacement and re-routing of overhead cables.
- Operate pole erection unit.
- Cable jointing.
- Circuit testing and fault location.
- Operate MEWP and work at height on telegraph poles.
- Enter and work cable chambers, footway & carriage boxes and manholes.
Safety Conscious – is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.
Quality Focussed – knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 1 to 6 & 9.
- Hold or have held Openreach overhead and cabling accreditation modules, including K8, N27, N28, A8, 002, 003, 004, 005, 007, 001, 06, A12, A14.
- Driving licence.
Excellent employee benefits:
Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with a Reward scheme