Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support, and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector. Our client’s expertise, accreditations and knowledge make them a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Telecoms Stores Manager
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience of working in a depot preferably within telecoms or utilities works? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of the business that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach, City Fibre and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
Excellent employee benefits: – we are committed to ensuring we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary, and benefits packages
Reporting to and tasked by the Depot Operations Manager locally, you will have responsibility for ensuring the Safe / Compliant / Secure and Efficient running of the Direct Labour Depot.
These will include activities such as Site Security / Stores Control / Safety ‘Gate Checks’ / Plant & Vehicle Safety. You will interface with other internal departments and are required to build strong relationships with your counterparts and ensure that deadlines are always met.
- Ensuring the Smooth and Compliant operation of the Local ‘STA’ (Stores Depot)
- Managing Openreach ‘Kanban’ Stores using the in-house Stores System.
- Managing Small Civils Stores.
- Liaising with Stores Management & Infrastructure Services Logistics Manager.
- Procuring & Controlling PPE / Signing Lighting & Guarding (SLG)
- Site Depot & Yard Management
- Site Security
- Opening & Closing the site
- Ensuring Visitors Log
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Previous experience of working in and managing a depot preferably on Telecoms / Utility Works.
- Previous Experience of Controlling and operating a Stores IT System
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Packages/Oracle Stores
- Full UK driving licence
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Join and you can expect to receive:
Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with a Reward scheme