Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support, and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With a strong focus on key customer areas including transport, emergency services, network providers and the public sector. Our client’s expertise, accreditations and knowledge make them a trusted partner for organisations at the forefront of the digital revolution.
Telecoms Technical Surveyor
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you have proven experience in a similar role, working on the Openreach external network? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You’ll be working in a part of the business that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach, City Fibre and other external network providers. We aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
Excellent employee benefits: – we are committed to ensuring we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary, and benefits packages
Reporting to the Direct Labour Operations Manager you will be tasked to work on a major new Telecoms works project for their client. The focus of the work will be to survey 3rd party infrastructure to assess and record its suitability and document any proposed network upgrades/installations
- Overhead and underground knowledge of existing telecoms networks.
- Surveying 3rd party utility infrastructure for the placement of Telecoms equipment.
- Overhead and underground knowledge of Openreach Assets is essential for this role.
- Taking measurements, digital images as appropriate, recording plant suitability and identifying risks
- Owning, executing and delivering survey requirements within a geographic region.
- Liaising with Cable Survey Teams & Coordinating Outputs from those teams.
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as required
- Highlight and escalate major variances to the nominated project lead
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of the Openreach external network.
- External site survey experience
- The ability to communicate at all levels and manage key stakeholder relationships
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- NRSWA Unit 2 & 10
- S11 and S13
- Preferable experience of SOLO / Connect / CT Mobile
- Microsoft Office & PC literate
You’ll receive formal training. – and on-the-job training where appropriate – to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line
You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with a reward scheme