Our client has a proud record of performance to delivering efficient and reliable MEP Installation services.
Their diligent approach is based on a philosophy of consistency, quality and their people are critical to building trust and customer satisfaction.
Investing in individuals is crucial to their business. They operate with a hard-working, skilled team consisting of over 500 employees who all contribute to the continued success and growth of the business.
To supervise the Electrical division of a residential project in Central London, reporting to the Electrical Manager.
- To supervise the Electrical division of the relevant residential project from conception through to delivery
- Ensure the highest consideration is given to complying with current regulations and specific client requirements
- Ensure the safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and Contractors
- Assist the on-site construction team; ensure Sub-contractors work to the programme, construction sequence and ensure efficient deployment when pro-actively allocating work
- Overseeing the work of directly employed Electricians and external Contractors
- Implement and monitor the project to ensure it is engineered to the highest standard
- Take ownership of Electrical issues
- Ensure appropriate quality and workmanship
- Produce rotas for the Operative team
- Reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- Manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team
Skills and experience required
- Electrician qualified to City & Guilds 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent
- Certificate in BS7671 – The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- Testing qualification such as C&G 2391
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a full-time supervisor
- Experience working on residential projects
- Ability to influence and drive positive attitudes and behaviours with regards to site Health and Safety
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Up to date First Aid qualification
- Essential knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements and Electrical Safe Systems of Work
- Experience of supervising staff and 3rd parties is essential
- Will need to be able to understand building services including design principles, method statements, inspection test plans, risk assessments, commissioning, and handover requirements