An excellent opportunity to enhance your career with a market leading company, with over 25 years’ experience manufacturing various steel products. Our client recognises the contribution of all the team members this will add to the continued success and growth of the business and in return they will provide a secure, stable and satisfying career.
Salary £22,800-£27,000 per year plus benefits
Working hours – 8.30am to 5.00pm (Monday to Thursday) and 08.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.
To take ownership in the day to day fabrication of large steel work, mill equipment fabrication, slitting line equipment fabrication.
Carry out reactive fabrication repair work to coil racks, guarding and machinery, when required
Mig and arc welding. Ideally coded or have been coded.
Competent in use of measuring equipment.
Use of automatic saws and disc cutting.
Bolting down, levelling of fabricated equipment.
To work on own initiative to resolve minor issues with role.
Work to simple drawings or verbal instructions.
Oxygen acetylene cutting.
Specialist Training: FLT trained, Permit to work and lock off procedure.
In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Reporting to Plant Manager.
Key relationships with Department managers and Shop floor operatives
· Must be able to work to high standard and autonomously.
· To carry out all duties within the scope of the Company mission and values and to support and encourage practices to meet this end.
· To carry out work in a safe manner, following correct company procedure.
· To ensure all breakdowns are kept to a minimum.
· To ensure all planned work is completed with minimal disruption to production.