Based in Derby and will involve visiting various locations accross the UK
Salary £32,000 (This is negotiable Total Package £50,000plus (Incl Site Bonus, Over Time and Subsistence tax free allowance)
Includes Excellent Company Benefits
Our customer is a leading global company in the construction industry and provides vital services to the lives of millions of people across the globe. They take pride in the work we do and take pride in giving their employees the opportunity to make a difference in the world and create something they can be proud of.
This role is predominantly site based supporting OHL (overhead line) operational projects at various sites throughout the UK. When not supporting site, you will be based in Derby working at their large plant workshop. You will ensure that OHL large plant and specialist equipment is serviced and maintained and repaired to the required standards ensuring the client has maximum equipment availability. To complete documentation correctly and submit in a timely manner, and carry out communal workshop duties as directed by the team leader.
Service and maintain OHL plant and specialist equipment with a total fleet value in excess £30m. Ensuring that all internal processes are followed, and associated documentation is accurately completed and in a timely manner.
Maintain and manage a stock of spare parts, subject to an annual stocktake.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities/experience are essential:
· An ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
· Experience of working on a busy site environment.
· Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics and wiring diagrams.
· Experience in the servicing and maintenance of large diesel driven plant including hydraulics and electrical system.
· To have completed a plant apprenticeship or hold recognised Mechanical/ electrical qualification.
· To be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office.
· Ability to carry out fault finding and diagnostics on large diesel driven plant.
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety requirements in the workplace…
· To hold a full UK driving licence.
· Ability to interact with others, work as a part of a team and be customer facing
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and clients in verbal and written form.
· Willingness to work overtime, weekends and live away from home.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of specialist large plant used in the overhead line industry.
- To hold a valid forklift and telehandler operators’ certificate.
- Hold a welding qualification.
- A safety qualification (e.g. IOSH) is desirable or willingness to work towards one.
· To hold a EUSR SHEA power qualification.
· To report to and follow work instruction from the team leader/manager and/or liaise with and follow instruction from the site project team as required.
· Take responsibility for works conducted on our specialist overhead line large plant and equipment ensuring it is serviced and maintained in line with legislation and manufacturers requirements and agreed service level intervals.
· Work as part of a team and support and assist others in maintenance tasks as required.
· Carry out planned as well as reactive maintenance across a variety of plant and equipment.
· To have a proactive approach to tidiness and maintain clean and orderly work and work areas.
· Ensure that all work activities are compliant with the safety rules, health and safety legislation and environmental standards.
· To complete all documentation or electronic systems clearly and accurately and in a timely manner.
· To be responsible for booking out all spare parts used and requesting parts as and when required.
· Undertake relevant training to meet business requirements.
· To work regular paid weekday & weekend overtime as required.
· To conduct additional tasks as and when required within your capabilities.
· Ensure the customer’s requirements are delivered including breakdown response in line with agreed SLA’s.