Job Category: Administration Engineering and Manufacturing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Birmingham
Based in Birmingham
Our client is one of the UK’s prestigious leading mechanical and electrical building services contractors. They are an award-winning business with an excellent history and background and understand the importance of customer satisfaction.
They specialise in the design, installation and maintenance of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, drainage, plumbing and electrical services for a whole host of vertical markets.
They manage projects from the concept stage to completion, working in collaboration with their customers and supply chain while retaining the friendliness and support of a traditional family firm
The welfare and wellbeing of their staff is paramount in everything they do.
- General project administration including scanning and printing of documents and preparation of required site documents (foreman’s documents).
- Control of all drawings issue from external sources to head office (site specific)
- Monitoring and updating project completion files on server and issuing to Client
- Collating project information for server and assisting in production of O&M manuals if not sourced externally
- Control of ‘as built’ drawings and production alongside engineers
- Control/Organisation of the project diary and planning meetings for project team.
- Preparation for project meetings, including booking of meeting rooms and preparation of refreshments.
- Attendance at all project meetings with Project Manager/Engineer and taking minutes
- Collation of project H&S file, ensuring information is up to date throughout project
- Issuing of latest project information to subcontractors and Engineers, including programmes and technical information
- Issuing of RFI and Technical Submissions to clients and updating relevant schedules.
- Placing orders for office and site supplies, including PPE through Head Office.
- Assisting the project team as required.
- Control of drawings under supervision of Document Control Supervisor.
- Raising general project orders on Trimble.
- Keeping project contacts list updated
- Carrying out site inductions. Shared with other project team members.
- Control of project folder alongside project team.
- Reviewing of all testing and QA documents received to ensure they are correctly completed, with the support of the Project Engineer
- Supporting the QA system for relevant sites and ensuring documents held on Principal Contractor systems are duplicated in files.
- Assisting the foreman with IMS documentation and returns.
- Ensuring that documents are signed by client to allow full application payments.
- Keeping various project trackers updated alongside the Project Manager.
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, systems and processes
- Adhere to near miss reporting and suggestion procedures