Based in London
Our client is one of the UK’s prestigious leading mechanical and electrical building services contractors. They are an award-winning business with an excellent history and background and understand the importance of customer satisfaction.
They specialise in the design, installation and maintenance of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, drainage, plumbing and electrical services for a whole host of vertical markets.
They manage projects from the concept stage to completion, working in collaboration with their customers and supply chain while retaining the friendliness and support of a traditional family firm
The welfare and wellbeing of their staff is paramount in everything they do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a leading mechanical and electrical construction company. The role is primarily multi-site based; however, you may be required to go into the London/Birmingham office on occasion. This will be a mobile, multi-site role working across specialist M&E projects. Projects will range broadly in size, value and the type of environment that you will be working in. You will report directly to the Group Health and Safety Manager.
Job description / Tasks may include but are not limited to:
· Carrying out site audits and inspections and write reports on H&S performance
· Collate H&S data, statistics and implement various H&S initiatives at a site level to help develop performance and cultural improvement
· Check on all safety and quality calibration compliance
· Ensure compliance with H&S legislation, industry standards
· Create suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Review suitability of Sub Contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements
· Receive client H&S reports and attend internal and client’s safety meetings and communicate & implement any actions required
· Offering advice, guidance and coaching on all H&S matters to project staff, including direct employees, sub-contractors, supply chain and the client as required
· Provide an up to date knowledge of all industry related regulations and approved codes of practice (ACOP)
· Undertaking incident and accident investigations as required
· Identify H&S training needs and developing relevant programmes
· Engage with the site staff, educating them with regards to HSE policy and company programmes
· Complete monthly SHEQ summary reports
· Support and maintain the companies accredited Health and Safety, Quality and Environment management systems
· Create and deliver Toolbox Talks and other internal training
Key Skills and Qualifications:
· The successful candidate will process excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with people on all levels, have a natural ability to influence others and have a high level of personal integrity. You must be committed to ensuring the continuous improvement to our health, safety and environmental performance. You will need to be IT literate and be a competent Microsoft Office User
· Ideally 3 Years H&S experience with a comparable M&E company in the industry
· NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar as a minimum
· Knowledge of ISO systems and their implementation is desirable
· Ability to carry out health and safety audits
· An engaging character who can operate effectively at all levels of the business
This position is available immediately and there is an attractive salary and package circa £40 -50K plus travel expenses dependant on individual experience and suitability to company requirements.
Hours of work & holidays:
08.00 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.00 – 16.00 on Fridays
25 days paid holiday plus statutory bank holidays
Company Pension Scheme (after 3 months service)
Private healthcare (BUPA) after completion of probationary period