Salary & Benefits
Salary is circa £25k to £30k dependant on experience plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 36.25 hour working week, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm (1/2 hr lunch), paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.
Our client is a family-owned company located in the Black Country, West Midlands. They are specialists in organo-sulphur synthesis and high pressure hydrogenation supplying organic chemistry services to a global market in quantities from grams to multi-tonnes. They manufacture intermediates for the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industries as well as many others and their team of chemists are experts in custom synthesis, contract manufacture and process optimisation.
A vacancy has arisen to join the Mechanical Engineering Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Part of the team involved in Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
- Part of the team involved in Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Ageing plant equipment system management.
- Minor mechanical project management.
- The production of Risk assessments, Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Any other Mechanical Engineering dept. duties as/when required.
- Liaison at all levels inside the Company.Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE & insurance inspectors.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Use of AutoCad.
- Authority to stop contract work and to exclude from site.
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
- A Mechanical Engineering HNC as a minimum.
- Industrial experience would be of benefit.
Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.