Job Category: Plant Hire
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Derby Remote
Salary: £45.000 - £50.000 Plus Excellent Benefits
Based in Derby but can work remotely
Our customer is a leading global company in the construction industry and provides vital services to the lives of millions of people across the globe. They take pride in the work we do and take pride in giving their employees the opportunity to make a difference in the world and create something they can be proud of.
- To bring together in one central service expertise to plan and deliver a range of surveying, engineering, and radio communication equipment across our UK projects.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver;
Lead and efficiently manage the survey and radio communication operational delivery team, providing excellent customer service experience.
As a Survey & Communications Operations Manager you will:
- Support the Digital Plant Manager to ensure that the Survey as a Service equipment team develops close working relationships with customers and collaborates effectively with the internal and external stakeholders seamless service – Senior stakeholder engagement for pro-active engagement, aligning with the gated life cycle of the business.
- Lead, motivate, manage performance, training and coaching for day-to-day management of high performing team creating a culture where employees feel engaged and empowered.
- Have overall responsibility for the successful site delivery, calibration and servicing maintenance for all survey and radio communication equipment in line with manufacturer standard requirements.
- Ensure customer’s requests are fulfilled in the agreed SLA.
- Manage supply chain procurement of new equipment investment, through framework agreements, maximising financial benefits from framework agreements for us, reporting leakage.
- Manage processes and procedures and update business management systems in the areas of service delivery, operational readiness, safety, compliance, and administration. These processes and procedures are regularly reviewed and enhanced, either because of feedback from the clients and service providers or as part of a scheduled periodic review whilst driving cost savings.
- Drive change within the business, demonstrating outputs.
- Support with managing and measuring the supply chain (internal and external) and monitor KPI’s Reporting, building good relationships, whilst demonstrating blue pound spend and internal capabilities.
- Produce MI information for strategic analysis and driving outputs from management information analysis.
- Support the delivery of our Sustainability activities.
- Live our values
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Have substantial service experience ideally from within the construction industry.
- Knowledge and experience within either survey equipment/operations or radio communications, preferably both.
- Will be a capable person-manager, able to develop and coach their team and address HR issues promptly and robustly.
- Needs to be capable of communicating ideas and concepts effectively to both their immediate team and their respective line manager.
- Need to be able to set, deliver and measure clear targets across their team, must have a commercial acumen and a robust appreciation of their market sector – they must know and understand “what good looks like”.