Based in Derby
Salary £31,200 – £46,800 per annum
37.5hrs per week
Fantastic flexible benefits packages
About Our Customer
Our customer is a leading global company in the construction industry and provides vital services to the lives of millions of people across the UK and beyond. They take pride in the work we do and take pride in giving their employees the opportunity to make a difference in the world and create something they can be proud of.
- To carry out a formal program of regular assessments
- To carry out all elements of training, testing and assessments for internal staff, external staff, contractors and external customers.
- To raise the skills, attitude, approach and performance levels of employees and clients.
- To ensure staff and managers who have responsibility for competence management clearly understand what is required of them.
- To provide support to plant operatives and encourage continual development.
- To ensure the competence management requirements of HSE are achieved consistently. incorporating recognised best practices.
• Establish additional training needs for the business.
- Maintain the competency framework to meet the needs of the business.
- Conduct Training, Testing and Assessments UK wide
- Establish additional training needs for operators.
- Develop appropriate training plans in compliance with company, client and legislative requirements.
- Develop and deliver appropriate plant or lifting safety training programmes in accordance with the requirements of the training plan.
- Develop and review Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Review training resources and materials.
- Develop and create new plant/lifting and safety course training packages.
- Assess to the competency framework.
- Deliver training and testing to the highest standard across all schemes and awarding bodies to meet all standards/criteria/procedures and practices.
- Comply with all HSE requirements.
- Undertake any development training as required.
- To assist and ensure compliance with any internal or external audits.
- To work with managers on providing the best training to suit the needs of their teams.
- To ensure training competences are maintained and developed.
- To ensure all records of training are up to date.
- To comply with all Statutory and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To assist in the review of policies and procedures.
- To carry out briefing sessions with Staff as required.
- To provide all information as required to the Line Manager.
- To assist in the delivery of specific HSES training where required.
- To assist in project work when required.
- To promote equality and diversity
- To implement good practice in respect of OSH Education, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Child Protection and GDPR policies.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Good people management skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Able to manage your own time and others
- Good work ethics
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of knowledge and performance criteria in relation to awarding bodies
- Experience of working in a construction site environment
- A strong operational background in Plant or Lifting operations
- Experience in developing and creating training packages
- Experience creating Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Computer literate (experience using Microsoft applications
- Outlook/Word/Excel/Power Point)
- CPCS Tester, Plant Operations Categories
- NPORS Instructor, Plant Operations Categories
- CPCS Operator Competency’s
- NPORS Operator Competency’s
- Managing and Co-Ordinating Plant – CITB
- SSSTS or SMTS – CITB or Managing Safely – IOSH
- (A1) Assessing Candidates Using a Range of Methods – Level 3
- Workplace Trainer skills – City and Guilds or equivalent (L Units)
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
- Lifting Operations Instructor/Tester categories on NPORS and CPCS
- ALLMI Instructor Status
- Direct Training and Support Level 3
- Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety – NEBOSH or NVQ equivalent
- First Aid