Based in Derby (Expected to travel to other company sites)
Salary £40K – £50k per annum
42hrs per week
Fantastic flexible benefits packages
About Our Customer
Our customer is a leading global company in the construction industry and provides vital services to the lives of millions of people across the UK and beyond. They take pride in the work they do and take pride in giving their employees the opportunity to make a difference in the world and create something they can be proud of.
As a Lead Plant & Operations Trainer/Assessor you will be an integral part of the Operational Skills hub, using your own skills and knowledge to raise the skills, and performance levels of maintenance staff, plant operators and other support staff.
What you’ll be doing
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Conduct, oversee and supervise training undertaken by Operator Skills Hub trainers and external training providers
- Ensure all training and associated documents complies with awarding body regulations
- Create Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Develop and create new plant and safety course training packages inclusive of resources and materials.
- Deliver training and testing to the highest standard internally/externally and across CPCS and NPORS schemes and other awarding bodies
- Work effectively in partnership with the Operator Skills Hub and all other internal and external partners.
- Engage with employers/supplier partners to employ learners and to support course delivery of the curriculum.
- Carry out competency assessments via a Compliance Plus scheme, manage the process and ensure compliance with trainer delivery
What we want from you
To join us in this role, you must have the following:
- Experience in leading/managing a team of trainers
- A Proven track record of coordinating training functions in the built environment
- Knowledge of health and safety and facility management
- Good understanding of knowledge and performance criteria in relation to the associated awarding bodies
- CPCS Tester status across a range of plant
- A strong operational background in Plant operations
- (A1) Assessing Candidates Using a Range of Methods – Level 3
- Workplace Trainer skills – City and Guilds or equivalent (L Units)
- SMSTS or NEBOSH
- Full UK driving licence
What our client can do for you:
- Competitive salary.
- To be part of a growing team that prides itself in the forefront of training delivery and competence.
- Provide training to develop your skills further.
- Generous Annual Leave allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- Subsistence provided where applicable.